Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day- Not as planned but still productive

We decided NOT to go to Kansas City today.  Gas is too expensive and we didn't have a truck to bring anything back in.  Instead, we got up early and bought a... wheel barrow.  That's right, a wheel barrow.  It is red.

Next, I pulled weeds in the flower bed and put them in my new wheel barrow and then dumped them in the giant ditch.  Then we burned a huge pile of leaves because we don't live in city limits and can burn.  Yea!

After eating a quick lunch of leftovers, we went to Lowe's where we bought plants and wood to build a raised flower garden in the back.  Mike built the flower garden while I dug holes and planted the new bushes in the front.  We bought a burning bush (because who could really resist that?!), two euws, and two holly bushes.  We also bought crap loads of flowers, but as I forgot to buy hand tools and I was exhausted by the time I finished planting all the bushes, that'll have to be another day.

Once we finished all of this, we went to the park and took a 1.7 mile walk because we are overachievers.  Now, I'm watching Lord of the Rings and too sore to move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

red, huh? nice.